Looking to add more veggies in your life, then try these!
Original recipe found here my version below:
What You Need:
- 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise and middle scooped out and reserved.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped red/yellow/green peppers in any combination
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown beef, peppers, onions and the middle part of the zucchini that was scooped out. Leave “boats” on a sprayed sheet pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Stir and simmer a few minutes until seasoning is equally distributed.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini boat.
Bake 400* for 30 minutes. If zucchini is not done, return to oven and check after 10 more minutes.
Remove, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and return to oven. Turn heat off. Cheese will melt in 3-5 minutes.