I love breakfast it’s right up there with brunch which is my favorite and probably because it’s happens at the perfect time of day and happens to allow me a choice of either breakfast or lunch and I like having those two available to me at all times.
I usually make this sunday to have for the week. It’s also great for family get-togethers over the holiday!
What You’ll Need:
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch organic spinach
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic (or crushed garlic)
- 10 – 12 eggs (small carton of egg whites and 4 eggs)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Feel free to add additional items like turkey bacon, tomatoes, turkey sausage, etc. Make it your own with your favorite veggies, meat and cheese. I chose goat cheese because the flavor combo of sweet potatoes and goat cheese is Ahhhhmazing!
1. Peel sweet potatoes and slice thinly with a food processor.
2. Lay potato slices out in pie dish in a crust-like fashion, spray with oil, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper, bake on 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes. (After crust has baked, reduce oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.)
3. Spray a saute pan with oil and saute sliced onion and crushed garlic clove until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach and saute until wilted and tender, about 4 minutes. Drain spinach over the sink to rid excess liquid.
4. Blend eggs and mozzarella in a medium bowl.
5. Add spinach/garlic/onion mix to the egg/cheese mixture. Place the combined mixtures in the potato crust. Sprinkle with goat cheese on top.
Bake at 375 degree’s until the quiche is firm, about 35-40 minutes.